Time + Attendance
Time + Attendance
- Using Apex Payroll’s Time and Attendance solutions make payroll easier on you because:
You no longer have to gather time sheets, compute the total hours and re-key into your payroll system. All that is done automatically and accurately. Our time and attendance system makes it virtually impossible to submit inaccurate time data, eliminating the temptation for employees to steal time.
- Employees are issued time cards, which allows them to clock in and out through an electronic time clock or they can simply log in to our secure web clock with a user name and password to clock in and out.
- This system gives employees a simple way to clock while providing you an accurate account of the time worked. It also allows you to view reports that can help you keep an eye on your staff’s efficiency.
Flexible time and attendance solutions include
- Traditional Time Clock
- Online Time Clock
- Managers can view, edit and report their employees’ timekeeping transactions
- Employee Self Service allows employees to view their daily timekeeping transactions
- Track Breaks and Lunches
- Report tips
- Clock by Job
- Enter Piece Work
- Import hours from other Time Systems such as POS
Increase Productivity and Profitability
- Time Savings
Substantially reduce the time spent preparing time sheets, audits and reports.
- Increase Accuracy
Minimize or eliminate costly human error in timesheet preparation.
- High Productivity
Over 20 hours of productivity per year is lost by an employee who arrives late, extends a break or lunch and leaves early.
- Increase Profitability
Time theft is all too common and can result in lost profits, not to mention overtime, taxes and benefits.
Simplify Manager Approvals
Apex Payroll’s Time and Attendance solution provide managers and employees access to everything they need with role-based security to enhance productivity while ensuring security.
Apex’s Company In/Out Board gives the managers a quick and user-friendly view of where employees are throughout the day. The board shows a color-coordinated graph for each employee displaying when they clock in/out and their every day breaks providing managers a convenient way to manage daily employee location and office activity.
Managers can monitor exactly where employees clock in and out through GPS Timekeeping giving them the accountability and flexibility for on-location jobs.
Dashboard and Reports
Apex Payroll’s Time and Attendance solution provide information for numerous reports that help you manage your business. You specify the date range and the report provides the detail. Some of the most popular reports include:
- Time Worked Report
- Approaching Overtime Report
- Exception/Missed Punch Report
- Attendance Summary
- Job Tracking Report
- Time and Job Report
- Tardy and Absent Report
- Historical Timekeeping Report
Many businesses who regularly schedule shifts are concerned with coverage and constantly looking for solutions to overcome challenges such as:
- The long hours it takes scheduling using Excel or “pencil and paper”
- Time-consuming and cumbersome processes used to make schedules
- Communicating work schedules
- Calculating staffing levels
- Finding replacements for “no-shows”
- Excess overtime
- Limited reporting
- Expensive proprietary applications
Apex Payroll’s Scheduling solution allows companies to manage employee schedules instantly, accurately and from anywhere, giving them unparalleled scheduling flexibility and power. This simple and affordable solution allows schedules to be created, modified, and communicated in real-time, anytime providing managers and employees access to effectively communicate their scheduling needs and cutting down scheduling time by over 75 percent.
Keeping track of employee working hours is not an optional chore: The federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), and numerous other federal and state laws, require employers to keep records of hours worked, wages paid, and other conditions of employment.
Beyond the law, it is impossible to run a successful business without keeping track of employee working hours. The FLSA requires that time records show the date and time a worker’s workweek starts, the number of hours worked each day, and the total hours worked during the week. For many business reasons, employers need to keep thorough, accurate records of all hours worked, including starting and quitting times for each employee.
Apex Payroll provides a one-stop-shop for time and attendance solutions from clocks to our proprietary management system. We offer seamless integration to out Timekeeping Dashboard providing real-time visibility so you can easily manage exceptions, enforce work and pay rules for ongoing compliance and cost control.